From: American People
To: Library of Congress
Subj: Inauguration Poster
Top ten reasons you should hire a copy editor:
- No one is perfect.
- Only copy editors care.
- Intersection of red tie, white shirt, and the word to make the mistake hard to catch.
- Mistakes make you look incompetent.
- You wanted to charge people $16.95 for this joke??
- How much money did we taxpayers lay down for posters you sent to recycling? Related: how large was the print run?
- Actually, $16.95 is not so bad for this collector’s item – send me two.
- The Donald has such a nice smile here. Keep up the entertainment!
- The poster looks so official and friendly, our big brother in the White House, but behind the curtain are a bunch of hamsters who run in their wheels until some food pellets drop out.
- Copy editors are friendly people who won’t bother you, but they keep you out of trouble. Make one of them your next celebrity apprentice.
That’s it! Suitable for framing, man!
Screen shot from Library of Congress’s online store: